Hydro Attack Ltd is committed to running a sustainable business practice that conserves our physical and social/cultural environment. Our natural environment—such as ecosystems, biodiversity and native flora and fauna—are important to the Otago region and everyone in the local tourism industry. Using these resources in a sustainable manner ensures their preservation and protection into the future.
Here at Hydro Attack we recognise the importance of –
• Queenstown delivering a world-class visitor experience
• That New Zealand’s tourism sector is prosperous and attracts ongoing investment
• That the Queenstown tourism sector takes a leading role in protecting and enhancing the environment
• That Queenstown’s tourism sector and the community can work together for mutual benefit
Hydro Attack’s Sustainability Mission Statement
While Hydro Attack is a small operation we realise we need to support our local community and preserve our natural environment by undertaking actions and making smart choices whenever possible. We recognise the importance of taking these steps to achieve the best environmental performance possible whilst maintaining our product; which we recognise sometimes do not naturally co-exist.
We are a high fuel consumption based business, hence we are very aware of the carbon footprint associated with this. We aim to ensure that we are constantly efficient and are always considering safe and sustainable practices.
Hydro Attack follow the below sustainable commitments:
• We share our kiosk space with two other operators, reducing resources and electricity
• We run a paperless booking and accounts system – no paper vouchers or invoices required
• We re-use, reduce and recycle whenever possible
• Vessel oil changes are carefully replaced and recycled
• Engines are constantly maintained to a high performing standard, hence no oil or water leaks on land or water
• We are always looking to upgrade our equipment to more energy efficient solutions. In November 2016 we ungraded our passenger boat’s engines from 2 stroke to more modern and fuel-efficient 4 stroke engines
• Through Maritime NZ, our watercraft manufacturer, and our boat surveyor we keep abreast of any updated processes or procedures that could assist us to be more efficient and sustainable
Last year we also participated in lakefront clean up days on the Queenstown beach as well as diving to tidy up rubbish from the lakebed.
Working closely with our community is a key value that the Hydro Attack team support. Hydro Attack strives to develop long term relationships that strengthen year on year and support the work that other local companies do.
We are active in supporting local charities, school groups, sports groups, community events and charity fundraisers with sponsorship, free Hydro Attack rides and merchandise for prizes. Hydro Attack directors and staff are encouraged to be involved in the community, providing in-kind support and participating in events.
It is also important to us to maintain public relations and co-operation with the Queenstown residential community, Queenstown-Lakes District Council and the wider tourism industry.
Hydro Attack are actively involved with the Chamber of Commerce, Destination Queenstown and Tourism New Zealand. Hydro Attack understand the value and importance of attracting visitors to Queenstown, maintaining amenities and services, and having a voice in issues relating to the industry.
We also work with the local Queenstown Resort College to support their tourism student development programmes.
At Hydro Attack Ltd we care about conserving the world’s natural resources. All bookings are saved in our reservation system so we would encourage our customers to not bring a print-out of their order confirmation or any emails.